We create a community of warmth and trust by listening and sharing, by support, celebration and prayer. (CSJP Constitutions)
Associates of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace are women and men who live our spirit and mission in their different ways of life. Associates commit themselves to join with the CSJP mission of peace through justice by promoting peace in family life, in the church, and in society. They strive to respect the dignity of all persons, to value the gifts of creation and to confront oppressive situations, promoting social justice as a way to peace.
A Diverse Community:
Our Associates hear the call to connection with the CSJPs from many different ways of life. Among our Associates are teachers, parish staff, prison ministers, healthcare professionals, parents and grandparents, former Sisters, entrepreneurs, and people working with the homeless and hungry; the Associate community includes Catholic and Protestant clergy, as well as people from many denominations. CSJP Associates come from many parts of the world and share their rich life experience with the community.
Living the Mission with CSJPs:
Associates are involved with most of the activities of the CSJP community in each Province; they join Congregation Small Groups, participate in Assemblies and Jubilees, and share in the prayer and spiritual life of the community. Associates also organize meetings and events for Associates or the entire community. Their ministries, like those of the Sisters, express the CSJP charism of peace through justice.
The Associate Calling:
Association is open to women and men who hold gospel values as the compelling force in their lives. Associates are called to intimacy with God through prayer, to expressing the gospel call in their lives and to responding to the charism of peace through justice in the spirit of the Constitutions of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace.
Responsibilities of Association
• Commitment to a life of prayer
• Commitment to the charism of peace through justice in daily life
• Commitment to participate in appropriate ways in the life, spirit and mission of the Congregation
• Commitment to strengthen the bonds of mutual relationship
Benefits of Association
• Opportunities to deepen one’s spirituality
• Opportunities to collaborate in the charism of peace through justice
• Support in the effort of promoting social justice issues in one’s daily life
• Invitations to participate in various aspects of the life of the Congregation
We invite you to learn more about becoming an associate member!